Monday, September 05, 2005

I've been watching the news coverage of Katrina, the devastating hurricane that has ravaged much of the gulf coast of the United States. It is heartbreaking. The overwhelming stories of the people who have lost everything brings tears to my eyes. And I have seen local government officials, members of the news media, and first responders break down from sheer frustration and exhaustion. The number of lives lost grows by the hour. Thank you to the countries from all over the world who have offered to help with money or services. I have faith that the areas will be rebuilt to their previous splendor, with better protection from storms, and people will be able to return to their old neighborhoods and rebuild their lives. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by the storm, and to those who have stepped up to help.

No comments: